Please read this page…you will be glad you did…and it is interesting!
‘The written word may be man’s greatest invention. It allows us to converse with… the absent, and the unborn.’ (Abraham Lincoln – part quote)
Have a touching/inspirational/faith story that will encourage others, even yourself?
Looking for a great, fast growing platform that has several subscribers?
We are always excited to hear from you. We accept 85% of posts we receive and these are usually from people who have taken time to read this page!
Why you may want to write for us
- We are an organisation that genuinely care about the audience we reach out to. Therefore we aim to write quality posts that touch and change lives. And we sure your post is a quality post that the world must see!
- This platform is becoming increasing popular. Our Alexa rating show that when people come on our site, they spend a lot of time here, average of around 25 minutes or so!
- We have people from all works of life (preachers, celebrities, sportspeople, professionals, non professionals,and so on) that are our subscribers and followers.
- We are also listed among the best. We are among the Top 60 Best Mental Health Blogs in the world.
What you need to do
To blog with us is not stressful. Check out our 4 easy steps:
- You don’t have to be an award winning writer. We want bloggers who write from the heart. It could be a one off post or you could become a regular blogger (writing once a month).
- Please let us know what you would like to blog by writing to us here. Even if it is on something that is not on the website, we very much welcome diversity as long as it is line with our beliefs and policies. You can also find out more about us here.
- All images sent must have a source.
- If you wish to include any promotional / external links to PRODUCTS or SERVICES, there is a half price discounted annual charge per link.
1 link to a website or a book you have written is allowed and will not be charged.
We may accept up to 2 discretionary related posts otherwise we can offer a reasonable price per link.
We accept 2 or more links from our regular bloggers FREE (i.e. from those who have blogged at least 4 times in 12 months).
(Please note, we are not obligated to accept every link). More details on our Advertise with Us Page.
Only enquire if you are serious…
We are very unique in that we take our time to respond to about 95% of inquiries (when you take into consideration the volume too). However, we have found that having replied and requesting a blog post for review, we do not hear back from some enquirers!
Please ONLY inquire if you are serious about sending in a blog post and will also have one ready within 2 weeks. Please be considerate of others who genuinely want to write and are looking for a good platform to do so.
In order for us to continue making guest blogging available, please do not waste our time, and others, by not following through. Thank you.
Take a look at some of blog posts to get a feel of some of our blog posts. Here are
Last updated May 11 2017
If you are a blogger in any of the following areas we are also very interested to hear from you:
- Medical professionals especially in Psychiatry
- Debt recovery
- Prison and mental illness
- Child mental illness & suicide
- Career development after a diagnosis
- Domestic violence
- Mental illness in Asia and Africa
- Senior citizen matters
- Mental health in ethnic minority groups
- Abuse recovery
- …and any topic not currently on our website as long as in line with our values
Our review is not tasking either:
- Once you have sent in your article, we aim to respond within 5 to 10 working days; often much sooner.
- On very rare occasions, you may not hear from us. It is not that we mean to be rude but due to the increasing number of emails we receive and our commitment to be responsive, we have to prioritize our responses. So if you do not hear from us after 3 weeks, then regrettably, we may have not accepted your article at this time. This does not mean we will not accept another.
- One clear rule is no post with profanity/derogatory remarks will be accepted. Keep rants to a minimum. Remember, the purpose of this site is to offer hope, not to vent frustration…endeavor to end on a positive note!
- No plagiarism is accepted.
- Naturally, we would hope you like what we do and hence why you want to be a part of a team that make a positive contribution to society. Therefore, please do not ask that we email you the link to your post when up!
- We do not want pushy writers who demand that we meet their deadlines, but writers who genuinely care about those challenged with mental illness and their families.
- We would be grateful too, and would prioritize too the review process, if you could give us some feedback on our website here. You can use a nickname!
By sharing your story or blogging with us, you agree to have your story or blog post published on our website www.defyingmentalillness.com.
You also agree that you are not compensated for your story or not paid for your blog post. All our bloggers volunteer their time, expertise and selfless work, and are not paid.
Thank you for being a part of the great work. We reserve the right to edit for clarity purposes only.
Page last updated May 11 2017